Tuesday 19 May 2009

I've become a fan of the Australian Masterchef series that's been showing on Channel 10 for the past 3 weeks and it makes me want to be able to cook as well as the contestants and chefs in the show!!! I've always been a huge fan of cooking shows and watching this show has shown me that ordinary people (even 'kids' my age!!) can come up with awesome looking and tasting dishes. I always get the urge to raid my 'pantry' for ingredients to come up with my own (hopefully not-too-awful) culinary inventions. Some have been good... Some were... pretty awful :p

Of course, I don't dream of owning a restaurant of my own... I would melt/disintegrate (oh wow! btw, I didn't know that this blogger thing had a spell-check which corrects my spelling :p) from all the pressure!! And then there's the reality check - that I'm not anywhere as good as those people in Masterchef. But it doesn't keep me from trying to up my game :p Try and try again, right? And if all fails, CHEAT. Hehe. Though I'm not sure how to cheat with cooking... (Use ready-made/pre-mixed ingredients??)

And just for those interested to know, my trusted internet source for good, tried and tested (and therefore reliable) recipes is www.taste.com.au :) :) It's got loads of recipes from all the Aussie magazines and cooking shows and has reviews by people who've tried them. Do check it out when you can!!

And I also need to mention that almost ALL of my friends have become foodies overnight!! Cool, but a weird coincidence :p

1 comment:

Annabel said...

i've ALWAYS been a foodie!!! so there. matthew's gng to culinary sch in paris this summer how cool is that!!

check out my photos from hungary on my blog! not a lot lah but coming coming. i have so many to filter through cos i was playing with my camera like mad. hahaha.