Thursday 30 September 2010

Any Way The Wind Blows...

I'm at the point in my life where the decisions that I make now, are what will shape the rest of my life. Well, at least it feels that way to me. Is it bad to say that I find solace in the knowledge that I am not alone in this? Many of my friends at uni who are graduating this year are also in the same boat - to stay or to leave? For good? :s Honestly, the ideal solution to this intensely emotionally and mentally draining problem is that one morning, I will wake up, and everything would have sorted itself out - there will be one clear sign, one that leaves no room for misinterpretation, that will point me in the right direction... Hah! I know, keep dreaming right?

They say that ignorance is bliss. But also, knowledge is power? And so I am, to put it simply, torn. The past weekend was easily the most stress-free 2 days I have had in a very long time i.e. ignorance = bliss. And then suddenly, I was back in my regular life surrounded by all these crossroads (yes, I am not just at one, but MANY crossroads... it may not be physically possible, but figuratively, it definitely is!).

It's funny in a way because the natural way of dealing with difficult choices is to sleep on it for a bit. But when you have a deadline looming, all you are doing is putting more pressure on yourself to make a choice in a shorter time. I am so tempted to push this matter out of my head until December, but I know that come December, I will be at my wit's end trying to figure out what best to do. If I was crazy, which I am definitely on my way to becoming, I would say 'make granola'. Why? Because it's healthy and it tastes good...

So I am tempted to do the lazy thing (some would call it Taoist?) and just go any way the wind blows. But at what cost? And then I start weighing the pros and cons again... It's a vicious cycle.

Argh. First post in awhile, and it's this emo.

Good job... ? :p

At times like this, I wish I was a sheep... One that they breed for wool, not meat of course. And all I have to worry about is where the tasty grass is...

No comments: