Saturday 1 March 2008

My Right Contact Lense - A True Story :p

Today was a funny day. I volunteered to be a volunteer (lol :p) for this Orientation Week event similiar to the Amazing Race except people race around Melbourne and its suburbs and don't get to win $500,000 (or however much the real Amazing Race winners get). So I was stationed at the checkpoint at St Kilda Beach.

It was a very nice place to be stationed. My other check-point buddies and I had lots of fun despite the chilly sea breeze.

As we were nearing the end of our 'duty', one of my contact lenses decided to rebel and unceremoniuosly popped out of my eye and attached itself to the inside of my sunglasses. It had never happened to me before and I was stumped as to what I should do next. My friend suggested putting it in water, so I put it in my water bottle... you know, to 'rehydrate' the pitiful, pruney fella. I must say I found the whole experience very amusing!!

There is a happy ending to the story of this contact lense of mine. When I got home, I washed it in solution and put it back into the lense case. I had managed to resuscitate my poor little shrivelled up and nearly lifeless contact lense :D The End... LOL!

No comments: