Friday 25 July 2008

I was watching the second season of Sex and the City and I realised that one big reason why it has such a loyal legion of followers is that in some way or other every woman can relate to the 4 women, the main characters of the show. The 4 still single women... Is it everyone's secret fear that we will never find 'The One', that perfect person to spend the rest of our lives with? That we will all live out our healthy 80 years alone? That we will rot for a week, dead in our apartment with only a cat for company until the neighbours smell the stench and realise that something is not right?

Okay, so maybe some people are sure of finding their life partner and living happily ever after. But there must have been one time when they were not, right? Everyone must have had at least that one moment of doubt as to whether or not they would ever meet their match. Yeah, I can relate to those single 40-something year olds who are yet to settle down... Do I see myself as one of them in the future? Maybe. Do I see myself finding the man of my dreams? Highly unlikely. I doubt that he even exists. Even with flaws and all :p

Alas! Such is life. (So dramatic, hehe :p)

Nonetheless, I still am hooked on the series - with it's witty script, quirky fashion and the occasional hottie ;) Yay for more SATC!!! :)

No comments: