Sunday 20 July 2008

Turning 21

First, an apology:
To this blog and those who read it, sorry for not posting as frequently as I would like to. I always have all these posts worked out in my head, but I never get down to actually typing it out and after sometime, I forget what it was that I wanted to say. So, one thousand apologies!! (hehe, lame much?) :p

Now on to the title subject:

So I'm finally 21. The day came and I must say, it wasn't as dreadful as I expected it to be. In the beginning of this year, I would have said that I did not want to turn 21 as I felt as if I had not experienced all that a soon-to-be 21 year old should experience. Now, the only reason I had dreaded turning 21 was because it meant that I was growing older. Growing older means having more responsibilities, being more independent, having a certain level of maturity. Growing older means coming out of my delicate protective shell and being pushed deeper into the 'real world'. It is a daunting thought. But what keeps me going is the fact that people are doing it everyday and managing pretty well :p

That being said, I don't feel very grown up. I don't see myself as the 21 year old that I envisioned myself to be when I was young. And I don't know whether to be disappointed by it or to just accept that most things in life never work out as planned.

So in the process of writing this post, I have given this issue some thought. I have decided that ultimately, it does not matter whether I am the 21 year old I thought I would be. What matters more is for me to live in the now and take things as they come, do what I think is right and make do with what life throws at me.

Being 21's not so bad!!! Age is just a number, right?? (or so I tell myself...) :p

No comments: