Monday 2 February 2009

The Day Nadal Won and Federer Cried

:(
I couldn't decide who to support from the start. Nadal had fought so hard for his place in the finals but surely Federer deserved to reclaim the title that he'd last won in 2007?

Then came the match....

I watched the first set and half of the second set before heading out for dinner where I was constantly updated about the progress of the match by sms. We finished eating and rushed down to Chilli's in time to see Nadal play the winning point and roll on the ground in elation.

Yeah, what a match (I missed 3/5 of it).

And then I got home in time to see Nadal giving his little speech on the makeshift podium and Federer all teary-eyed in the background :(

I really don't know whether to feel happy for Nadal or sad for Federer... Maybe both?

2 comments:

communistkahlo said...

or both...?

lol so sorry am sport-ambivalent. are you talking about tennis? :p

shobana s. said...

lol. yup! aussie open finals :)