Saturday 21 November 2009

(not quite)The End of Exams + MoVida

OMG!!! I am waiting for Wednesday, the 25th of November to be here so that I will not have to force myself to study things that I don't want to study anymore.

Despite the fact that I have one more exam paper left, I feel as if my holidays have already started...

Went out for a slightly extravagant (by uni student standards) dinner on Thursday night with my Civil Eng friends - Suvrat, Shanika and George. I was actually trying to get us a table in MoVida Bar de Tapas but since their evenings are apparently fully booked till December 14 (ke-ra-zee!) we had to settle for MoVida Next Door which is right next to the original MoVida but has a strict 'walk-in, no reservations' policy.

We tried out about 7 of the tapas offerings on the menu (I'm keen to go back to try more!) and spanish beer - Pagoa (which is quite awesome tasting - smooth, sweet, only a slight aftertaste, and a nice rich golden tone) and some red wine (can't remember the name, but it was what was recommended to us after Shanika told the waiter that she wanted something "sweet but not too sour-ish". LOL.). As expected, what we got was a red wine that was just that - sweet, but not too sour-ish :p

I shall make a reservation well in advance for when I come back to uni next year so that I can try out the original MoVida and see how it compares to MoVida Next Door. Can't wait!! :)

I couldn't fit my camera in my little (but awesomely cool) sling bag so I couldn't take pictures of the food like I usually do. However, I've ripped a few photos of the dishes we had from the MoVida website:


The original MoVida (which we couldn't get a table at. Boo. )



MoVida Next Door (woo-hoo!!)

Yummy, chewy (deep-fried?) bread; a-may-zing grilled prawns; grilled lamb

2 comments:

Annabel said...

OM NOM NOMMMM!

shobana s. said...

lol. what does that mean??
come visit me in melbourne and we can go eat there!! :)