Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Melbourne Shuffle

Yeah, I know.
What???

Well, someone I was talking to mentioned a rave party and since I didn't know exactly what people do at raves, I decided to check it out on Wikipedia. The link is here. Just if you want to know also la :)

Then, I noticed that the article mentions the Melbourne Shuffle and though I'd heard of it before and seen shufflers walking in their baggy pants on the Melbourne streets, I didn't know exactly what the shuffle looked like. So I looked for it on YouTube...



That's like a beginner's guide to doing the Melbourne Shuffle... Apparently la. I don't know how correct it is, but judging from the number of views it has, it's probably quite accurate...?

So yeah, for those of you who didn't know, that's the Melbourne Shuffle. Don't expect me to be doing it though!! I'll save my shuffling for the privacy of my bedroom :p

1 comment:

illusorynirvana said...

Melbourne shuffle is very particular to the melbourne rave/hard dance scene. It originated there, however there is a wide following in Malaysia and a bit in Indonesia because of international students bringing it back to their countries.

People at raves all over the world don't dance like that. Even here in Sydney, it's different.