Tuesday 1 December 2009

Books to feed the word-hungry



Went to 'The Big Bad Booksale' in Amcorp mall just now. Ok, so the name sounds pretty lame - but the sale was AWESOME! Hundreds of books from autobiographies to fiction to self-help were on sale for as little as 5 Ringgit! Actually, most of them were either 5 or 8 Ringgit. Which converts to less than 3 Aussie dollars. A-may-zing! Obviuosly, being as word-hungry as I am and also considering the fact that I now am officially on holiday, I pretty much went crazy - picking up books like a tornado over Texas. Got myself a few thriller/mystery novels, a cookbook, an autobiography, another novel and a book of poems (for my sister whose attention span only lasts for one page - I figured she'd be able to handle reading the occasional poem since most of them are only a few lines long. hehe.).

So basically I bought 8 books (which will hopefully get me through the whole summer) and it only cost me RM60!! The other people there were walking around with cardboard boxes with easily over 20 books in them!! Seriously, I felt like Christmas had come early. I was that excited.

And now to read them - Fun fun fun :)

No comments: