Saturday 19 April 2008

Expressions

Isn't it interesting how people express themselves through their msn messenger nicknames or facebook status updates?

The normal ones with no hidden meanings are okay. But the ones that so obviously have hidden messages really catch my attention.

You can tell that some of them are probably too shy to externalise some of their emotions but instead find solace in teasing their friends with intriguing nicknames and status updates. Seriously! There is no better way to pique someone's curiosity than to have something like "can't get you out of my mind" or "primal urges" in your msn nickname. Ok, so people do that all the time. But why??? I keep going around in circles trying to figure this out. If you don't really want people to know about it, why make it so blatantly obvious to everyone? Or does the person obtain satisfaction from the fact that his/her friends know something, but not enough to complicate matters?

Just as of now, I can count more than 10 of my friends who have msn nicknames that have my curiosity at the maximum level. Let's not even talk about facebook statuses (what is the plural for status? Stati? Statae?)

All I have to say is Gah!

But then, I sort of understand where all this is coming from, after all I do it sometimes too. Only mine are more boring than others :p

No comments: