Thursday 18 June 2009

Australia vs Japan

My first real life football (soccer) match!! :)

Didn't really know what was going on... Spent most of the time laughing at the fouls and referee's antiques and the players' dress sense :p

But it was still fun.

Did the mexican wave ONCE... Missed it TWICE. Seriously, how was I supposed to know there was one going around the stadium (massive as it was) when I was busy keeping my eye on the ball?!?!

Ate some super salty and MSG-laden chips (that tasted awesome nonetheless!). Put myself in the best situation to catch the swine flu... :s One stadium with 70,000 people - at the rate Victoria's going, there must have been a few people with the flu there... Don't want to get QUARANTINED!

Heard the Australian Boys' Choir perform before the match started. Sadly, not many of the other spectators shared my enthusiasm for that performance :( Boo. But they sang my favourite Aussie song, "I Still Call Australia Home"!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Saw Tim Cahill (the 'star' of the Aussie team) score 2 goals - according to my more football-savvy (I fall under the 'football noob' category :p) friends, they weren't exactly awesome goals... But then, both teams had chosen to rest some of their best players.

I've decided that I like Mark Schwarzer!! He made some pretty cool saves :)
(though I think he looks better from afar rather than up close... :p)

That's all for now.

Nyeh.



The crowd at the MCG


Australia scoring their first goal!


Some Aussie fans letting off flares after Australia's first goal... :s

*The pics shown here were taken by my friend, Tai Jia*

No comments: