Saturday 26 January 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Gosh, what a night (or should I say morning?) its been!

Well, it all started with the Federer-Djokovic semis clash which ended with Djokovic beating poor Roger in straight sets. I was shocked!! And what's worse was that I couldn't decide whether I should be feeling sad for Federer or elated for Djokovic. Hence, 'mis-event' number 1.

Then there was the dinner by my old choir to thank all the students, teachers and parents for their support in helping her open her choral academy. Food was good, company even better... then came the lucky draw... :s The highlight of draw being 2 Triumph gifts. There were about 30 odd people at the dinner and about 30 prizes to be given away at the lucky draw. And there I sat waiting for my name to be called out. The odds were pretty much 100% that I would win something, it was just a matter of when. Once all the other gifts had been given away, it was Triumph gift time... Yours truly won the gift pack which included a, very loudly publicised, g-string. No, not the kind that is metal and found on string instruments. This was a g-string. And to top it off, I was sitting with my parents when my name was called! 'Mis-event' number 2.

After the dinner, we (my parents and I) had to pick my sister up from her friend's birthday party at Starhill and we arrived about 1 hour too early. So we conveniently sat down at the lobby of the Marriot and waited patiently... Not so much a 'mis-event' as the previous 2, but one nonetheless. ('Mis-event' number 3)

So finally, my sister and her friend (whom we were giving a lift back) left the party and we were finally headed home!!! Now would be a good time to mention that my dad's brain shuts down at about 11 pm most days and it was already nearly 12 am when we accidentally jumped a red light. And it wasn't even a big red light, it was a teeny weeny pedestrian red light. And note that it wasn't done intentionally as my dad's brain had most certainly stopped working regularly by then. So we thought, "okay, we'll just keep going since we didn't notice that the light was red" but no... A few seconds later, a police patrol car came up behind us and signalled for us to pull over. 'Mis-event' number 4 - we got fined for 'jumping a red light'. Gah!!

So there... my whole line of unfortunate (I used the prefix 'mis', a little lazy word shortcut of mine) events. But what an experience it was :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.